Thursday, November 28, 2019

Christmas Tags and Coloring

Dear Friends
May Your day be filled with Blessings from the Lord
 Making tags for Christmas is nice to usher in the holidays and I sure have to make a bunch of them as i am planning to go see my daughter and Grand daughter in New Zealand next month God willing.
Thank You Tracey for Your hard work and inspiration.

I made five tags amidst my work and i am super happy with the outcome.
All the tags were die cut using scrap pieces of cardstock.
 For this tag i die cut a deer from a Courture creation die and adhered it to the tag base. As i was obsessed with making shaker tags i colored the deer using Colleen watercolor pencils. I used shades of brown.  I stuck a tiny red color embelishment onto his nose and pasted it to the tag base using liquid glue, Then i cut a another tag and scooped out the middle leaving only  a border. To that i adhered the acetate which was from a salvaged packaging. Then i put little embelishments inside and secured everything together using liquid glue. Now i know that i have to find an invisible glue if there is anything like that in the market. Lol

   This is my completed tag and i was inspired by Dear Friend Lisa Henkes tag on day 8
This is also a circle shaker tag. I colored the border of the tag and pasted patterned paper presents of varying  length as the background. Then i followed the same steps as mentioned above and completed the tag. But remember it is hard to pierce acetate so find a good tool. If  you  are good at measuring you can pierce each layer separately which is a good idea. It just came to my mind.


This is the completed shaker tag. I made a small blunder when piercing the hole but i was able to cover it up thanks to glue dots which are super sticky. I was inspired by Dear friend Lisa Henkes shaker card.
To make this card my inspiration was from Dear Angela Bodes card on Day 8. I gave it a twist because my candy canes were to the same side. I colored the two candy canes, the glass and hollies and berries using the Colleen watercolor pencils and as i am yet to buy alphabet dies i took letters from a sticker sheet and adhered them to my tag. The glass was hand drawn.


This tag was inspired by the Animal tags of Newtons Nook. It is an animal tag which has a deer with a a red nose as well as some leaves and berries and the sentiment hugs. It is from stickers.

  



My set of tags.

Things to remember
Always ensure that the acetate sheet is clean.

How i save time
I die cut a bunch of images in one go.(My desk is my work/craft table. so i cannot have my Cuttlebug on the table all the time.)
I stamp a set of images in one go. (So that all the stamps are cleaned in one go)
Put everything in a little tray and craft as and when i have time. 
I am a total messy carfter but as my space is limited i have to keep it clean whether i like or not.Lol
Thank You for stopping by
With Loads of love and Gratitude
I am linking these tags to
http://inmycreativeopinion.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-25-days-of-christmas-tags-2019-main.htmlSurekha Galagoda
https://www.thedailymarker.com/2019/11/day-1-the-30-day-coloring-challenge-2019-link-up/
Surekha Galagoda









2 comments:

  1. Dear Susan
    I am really honored to get a comment from you amongst your busy schedule. Much appreciated. May you and your family be blessed always
    With Love and Gratitude

    ReplyDelete