Monday, September 30, 2019

Colours of life

Colors of Life
This is a simple Birthday card i made for my friend and son who is pillar of strength to me. His Birthday is on the 10th of October and when i asked him his favourite colours he said Black and White. That is the reason why i named it colours of life.




I never thought I could make something in Black and White but I was able to turn out a simple layered card with embellishments all in Black and White.
I took a piece of white card stock and folded it in two. Then I took a piece of black card stock and using a unbranded die the frame was cut. The four corners of the frame were embellished with white  dots. In the middle is the white flower the shape which i love so much.was adhered to the  centre of the card using foam squares.
The black and white felt piece was store bought. I adhered the sentiment Friends using a stencil as i did not have a word die or stamp with the sentiment friends or friendship. I wanted the Birthday card to be different, Hence the sentiment Friends. It was adhered using foarm tape squares. 


These are the dies that i used. The big die is unbranded while the flower die is from a Stamping, embossing and die cutting set from Couture creations. 




Above is the stencil and embelishments i used.



I added a belly band. The width is the width of the ruler. i had a black butterfly which i fixed using liquid glue.Belly bands add the sparkle to any card.

Tip
If you don't have something dont rush and buy, just put your thinking cap and i am sure you can come with something creative. Crafting is all about happiness.

This card will be a part of my friends gift of a stationery set and another card with the happy Birthday sentiment. Once i make the stationery set will upload pix but please bear with me as i am not the best photographer. Sorry friends i am learning.
Thank you and Blessings


I am linking this card to
cats Pyjamas blog- Theme layersColors of life
The Male room Challenge Colors of Life
Colors of Life

4 comments:

  1. Magnificent! Such a strong and powerful masculine card. Thanks for playing at The Male Room, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jane
      Thank you for taking time to comment.blessings

      Delete
  2. Looks good in the black and white.
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Linby
      Thanks for taking time to leave a comment.Blessings

      Delete