Friday, November 1, 2019

The 30 day coloring challenge

Surekha Galagoda

I am going to take part in the coloring challenge as i want to learn how to color. As Kathy the hostess of the challenge said i am going to color something daily for the next 30 days. Thank you Kathy for organising this challenge.
Thank You and Blessings
Surekha Galagoda


Day 1

Hi Friends
 I am so excited that i am taking part in this challenge. I want to learn how to color so that i can take my card making to the next level. Please give your honest opinion so that i can improve. I wont get hurt but would appreciate it from the bottom of my heart as you all my lovely friends are giving your honest opinion as you care about me. I might be the least experienced among the lovely ladies taking part in the 30 day Coloring Challenge hosted by lovely Cathy.
But I am fine and very greatful to Kathy for organising this challenge so that i can take part and improve my coloring skills. I thank God for giving this opportunity. I really want to take a coloring class but at the moment my purse doesnt permit it. So this is Gods way of teaching me as i was praying about it for days.

Method
I stamped the rose and the petals using black ink onto white cardstock. (I realised that i should have used a light colored ink and the effect would have been totally different.)




Then using my Colleen water color pencils i colored the petals in pink and red. This is the first time i colored such a big flower. But though they are water color pencils i didn't use water as i am still not comfortable and also don't know how much water to use. I colored the leaves using two shades of green lighter and darker.





 Then i fussy cut the rose and the leaves and adhered it to a card base using double sided tape. I did this as i wanted to create dimension.






The sentiment Miss you was cut in black card stock twice and was adhered to the card base using liquid glue.This is my simple colored card for day one.




Add on
I then realisd that i have to use a stencil. I got the stencil from The Color Factory. It is stars and flowers and i inked it using Rosie's Ink Pads. they were a gift from one of my friends.On to that stencil colored in Blue i adhered the flower and the petals. Though i thought i could stencil i was totally wrong. Now that i know i will practice and learn it well. Kathy Thank You for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge had it not been for this i would not have known. Better late than never. 

The Stencil i used.
 My imperfect stencilling.
 The set of Blue ink pads from Rosie's.
 The blue ink i used.
 Card with the stencil background.

Completed card with the stencil and the Colleen color pencils.



Tip
As time is very limited for me i always look for ways and means to get the maximum usage from my time and supplies too. Also come what may i want to take part on all 30 days. Dear God please support me.  Yesterday when i got some time as it was thundering and lightening i took a white sheet of card stock my clear stamps and the black ink and stamped 14 flowers and each day i can color a flower and make it into a card  using a base and sentiments. I should have colored the image in lighter colr of ink too which never struck me. Sorry ladies some times my brain is too busy that it wont function at full speed.Ha ha ha.

Thank You and Blessings
Surekha Galagoda

No comments:

Post a Comment