Tuesday, April 16, 2019

I. am Happy

Dear Crafty Friends
Sorry for not being on blogger for awhile. I built my blog using my office account and once i left office i couldn't log in. Aftermonths of trying I deleted my blog and wanted to start fresh but everyday it got postponed. Finally today i decided that I am going to do it not tomorrow but today.
I started as a crafter making little stuff sometime back but other commitments always made it take a back seat. I can craft for hours at a stretch but now I don't have that luxury as i am working as a freelance Journalist. Now i take on one project complete it little by little until the end. This helps me to think about it and do a perfect job.
My crafting Guru is none other than talented Dr Sonia S.V. you can view her blog at  https://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com/. She is a talented crafter and an amazing human being. I wish to see her in person someday. I love her so much. Thank You Dr Sonia.
All other crafters out there around the globe thank you so much for teaching me through your cards and projects.
I am a thrifty crafter and will try everything to save the pennies as i sure know the value of money. I buy stuff mainly important tools and dies as well as paper and embellishments but never make hasty decisions. If i want to buy something i first check my list as to what is the most important for me. Then i check all the places it is available and compare the prices and the quality and make the decision.
Posts on this blog will explain how to save the pennies and also each and every mistake I make and how i learn from them. Also i am planning to have a post on all the shops and online stores crafters in Sri Lanka can buy their stuff.
In addition I am also planning on having a post on my crafty space as i recently did a overhaul of the entire room but since i am mobile these days between Sri Lanka and New Zealand some of my stuff is at my daughters in New Zealand and some are in Sri Lanka. When i start a project i realise that some of the stuff i need are thousands of miles away. Ha ha. This is me. Anyway that doesnt stop me from doing it. I find an alternative.

This is the flower vase i made for the new year to adorn my room which is also my crafty space and writing den all in one.
I had some flowers which i did last year using glitter foam sheets but alas i didnt have floral wire for the stems. in one of Dr Sonias projects she says that empty pen refills can be used. I tried and wow it worked. You can even use straws. Then i used some green glitter foam pieces to make the leaves. The bottle which i used as the vase was an old one and as i liked the shape i kept and i decorated it using left over crystals and butterflies cut from a pattern paper. I wanted tos how that the butterflies were perched therefore underneath i used pieces of matches to stick them to the bottle. I attached them using a glue gun. what do you think of my project.






No comments:

Post a Comment