Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Single layer Dutchfold card

Single layer Dutch fold card
I never knew how to create a Single layer Dutch Fold card and looked up and learnt it. first I made the block. I feel comfortable to have a block and the measurements are 8*7 1/8. scored it at 6 and 2 on the 8 inch side and scored at 2 3/8 on the other side.
This is the block of the single layer Dutch fold card

Using the block i cut a base using green cardstock. Then i cut panels using blue denim card stock.
I then stamped butterfly images on the two bottom panels using an orange  ink pad.
For the left of the top panel I stamped the image welldone on red ink. for the right of the top panel i stamped a rose using a clear stamp and colored it using Coleen Watercolor pencils. 

To show the edges of the petals clearly i outlined using a gold gel pen. I attached a die cut leaf as no rose is complete without a flower. The butterfly on top of the rose was stamped using a clear stamp in a blue. To attach the butterfly to the rose giving dimension I cut a match stick and glued it along the middle of the butterfly and that was glued to the card.
These are the clear stamps i used. Here are some of the ink pads.

On top of the sentiment on the left i attached a diamond as this is a well done card. 
Surekha Galagodasurekha Galagoda
This is the card in standing position.
This is the card top when laying flat
I decorated the card using orange and black color and pink color butterflies  cut from a patterned paper. They were attached to the card using match sticks. On the middle is a sticker. The bottom has a puffy lady bug sticker. Empty spaces were stamped using tiny flower and ladybug stamps.  
 I left empty spaces in the inside of the bottom panels so that i could write something if i wish to.

I am linking my card to the following challenges
https://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/04/120-spin-butterfly-wheel-with-d-for.htmlSurekha 
https://virginialusblog.blogspot.com/2019/04/april-show-share.htmlSurekha Galagoda






2 comments:

  1. Hello Surekha, welcome to my butterfly challenge. I can see that you have had trouble linking so I have deleted the problem entries. I'm so glad that you tried the Dutch Fold card . Thankyou fir coming along and playing in my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Surekha, thank you so much for your visit to my blog for the Pinkfresh Birthday hop! It is so lovely to meet you :) Thank you for the kind words about my work, and I so wish you are able to continue finding new products and inspiration to keep crafting! Your posts are wonderful and I love the idea of this dutch-fold card! Sending big hugs xo Ivana

    ReplyDelete