Monday, July 20, 2020

Butterflies

Dear Friends
A very good afternoon to all of you.
I made an Accordian fold card for the Butterfly Challenge

Materials
Pattern paper
Cardstock
Score Pal
Butterflies for decoration








Method
According to the instructions given by lovely Valerie Anne  who hosts the Butterfly challenge following version one  I cut a piece of cardstock measuring 11.5 by 5.5 inches in Apricot colour. Then I scored the piece of caqrdstock at 3 3/4,61/4.8 3/4 and 10 1/8. After folding the card according to given instructions i decided to decorate. I didn't have any pattern paper with butterflies but that did not discourage me. I had a piece of pattern paper in Apple Blossom colour with small hearts and it was with a scalloped border. I fuzzy cut the scalloped border and kept it aside. Then i measured each panel and reduced a  1/4 inch from all sides and made templates. So that i wont make a mistake. After that I cut each template on my pattern paper and adhered to the relevant panel using liquid glue. To remove the bubbles which form i rolled my pencil on top of the pattern paper. The last panel was decorated using butterflies fuzzy cut from a left over piece of pattern paper. The butterflies on top were cut from a die that I have. I really wanted to take part in the challenge as Valerie Anne helps all of us by explaining the card shape and every other little detail. Thank you Dear Valerie Anne.

The card before decoration


The fourth panel with a row of patterned paper butterflies

 Card after decoration. You can see a butterfly peeking through the fourth panel.
I am playing
Accordian style card, two pattern papers ie for the panels and the fourth panel decoration Colours Apple blossom, Apricot and Aquamarine[butterflies] and my butterflies

This is the second card I made following the version two
It is the same measurements and scoring but 2.5 inches was cut away from the first two panels and 2.5 inches was cut away from the third and fourth panels. I used a apple blossom pattern paper with butterflies  while the card stock was aquamarine and i die cut the butterflies in Apricot.The sentiment was stamped and fuzzy cut. Since the pattern paper was everything I didnt decorate it much oether than placing the butterflies.
Before the card was decorated


 After decorating with butterflies


Products I used



Butterfly dies


I am linking these two cards to
Butterfly challenge,craftyhazelnuts Pattern paper challengeSurekha Galagoda
https://butterflyspotchallenge.blogspot.com/
http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com/


Thank You
Surekha Galagoda

1 comment:

  1. hello Surekha, sometimes the linky tool has a little hiccup but I have checked and your entry is showing up fine at #30. Both of your cards are lovely. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me for this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete