Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Birthday Present


This stationery set was made as a birthday present for my Friend, son and confidante whom I can share everything and not be judged. He is one of the sweetest human beings i have met and i thank God for our friendship. His Birthday was on the 10th of October and his favourite colors are Black and white. I had to  find pattern paper and everything including ribbon card stock etc in black and white.




The measurements for the set was from Maymay made it and i will link it below.
https://www.maymaymadeit.com/blogs/news/stationary-box-gift-set
Though I got the measurements from her once i made the stationery box it was not closing properly so i had to add another piece to it so that it closes snugly.

It has compartments for greeting cards, note cards, gift tags and stamps too. I handmade a note book and added a pen too.



All the greeting cards too were handmade by me using scraps of pattern paper and a die from couture creations.









  I made note cards. For the note cards i die cut the words hello, hugs and adhered it using clear glue. To decorate the tags i used the flower dies from Couture Creations and to each flower i added a matching gem/rhinestone and tied a ribbon after punching a hole..




Oh it was really fun and i enjoyed every minute of it. To customise the pen i took a thin strip of paper from the pattern paper i used for the stationery set and  rolled it around the carbon and inserted it. It is also a tip i picked from Maymay. Thank you May May. I completed the set by tying a ribbon.


The gift bag to put the gift and the cards was also made by me using one sheet of pattern paper.





 I inserted ribbon for the handles and made a gift tag using a piece of the pattern paper and it was attached to the bag. To put another gift card i made another small bag and it all fits in here.

I made the card too in black and white. I took a white card base and adhered a piece of black card stock. I cut flowers using a tiny pretty die from Couture Creations in white card stock. I had some pieces from a die cut of a unicorn which looked like a wine. I adhered that and colored it green and on to that i stuck the flowers using double sided tape. I stamped the sentiment Happy Birthday using black ink. I put a belly band and stuck a butterfly. i didnt have a black butterfly so i took a blue color one and inked it black and it looks dark blue and shiny. I made a matching envelope too by adhering black die cut flowers to a white envelope..






This is the gift tag i made by fussy cutting a piece of pattern paper from which i made the gift bag. Then i attached a piece of  black ribbon so that i could tie it to the gift bag.

I am sorry ladies my pix are not clear as i take them using my phone and i am not a good photographer. My hubby who was a very gd photographer left this world three years ago and i never thought i would have to learn phtography but now I want to and have asked one of my friends to teach me and until i sort it please bear with me.


Thank you and Blessings
Surekha Galagoda

I am linking this to
https://mixitupchallenge.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

  1. Great project thanks for sharing at crafty Catz this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lot of work you put into this creation Surekha ji ...made from t heart indeed
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dr Sonia
      Thank you for taking time to leave acomment. You are absolutely right. I got the score Pal and it has made my life so much easier.I did another one for a order. Blessings

      Delete
  3. My goodness what a lot of love and care has gone into making this delightful gift set. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mrs A
      Thank you for your kind words. Blessings to you and your family

      Delete
  4. Hello Surekha,
    What an amazing creation! That is a lot of work and love put into your beautiful stationary box for your son. I am sure that he loved it! Please do not worry about your photos. We are able to see all the beauty and love without professional photos. Besides handmade things (even the photos of handmade things) are made with love not perfection. That is what makes them special.
    Blessings to you and your family and many inky hugs,
    Cristena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Cristena
      You sure are a very kind lady besides being extremely talented. I am so honoured to get a comment from you. It is more than a prize for me. Thank you so much for your kind words. I am humbly proud. Recently i madeanother set for an order and incidently it was my first order. I dont normally take orders as i dont have time to make many of the same item as i am a journalist by profession but I sure do love to learn and craft too.Once again thank you so much for your love and kindness. Blessings to your family from mine
      Surekha

      Delete
  5. Wow, so much loving handiwork goes into everything you make, and this is no exception! Such gorgeous creations! Thank you so much for your entry at MIUCB.

    ReplyDelete