Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Cat lovers

These are the two cards i made for the Cat lovers Hop hosted by lovely Janice








These two cards are dedicated for my one and only daughter Sapumali who has made me proud by getting through her Level five Diploma in Cookery with all A passes. On Sunday she was running a temprature but still she was on her feet practicing for her final assignment which was to make 12 dishes within six hours. She started full time employment this week. I am sharing my happiness with all of you. Her faith in Jesus keeps her going.




   This is my daughter Sapu and my grand daughter Rashida. They are my everything




She is alone in Christchurch NewZealand with my seven year old grand daughter looking after the daughter with love and care, doing her studies working part time as a chef, maintaining a home and attending to all other work. Roma and her family help my daughter to lookafter the little girl.

I made two white card bases and adhered a pattern paper full of cats
.

 Then i stamped a naughty cat image using black ink. I stamped the sentiment flying high using the Altenew crisp dye ink violet.



Now was the highlight. I have always sucked at coloring let alone drawing but today i had to do it. I colored the naughty cat image using Colleen Water color Pencils but i didnt use water as i didnt have any practice in it.

I first used black and then toned it down with grey. I painted the wings in pink.  If i have done a ok job of colorig it is all thanks to you lovely ladies who have shown how to color in your videos. Thank you so much.

My set of colleen water color penscils



I added small a small embelishment and here it is.

I adeed a vellum belly band to give a complete look. Added a butterfly cut from pattern paper and stuck it to the bellyband using double sided foam tape.


Tip
As a new crafter i always test the images and inks on a separate piece of card stock before using it on the good piece so that i know how it stamps and the colors too.
As soon as i finish stamping i clean my stamps and clear blocks  because if i keep it,  it will never be done. Ha Ha lazy me.
Once i finish aproject i clean my stuff and keep it in the place it ought to be and it has helped me to maintain a clean room and desk and be efficient as i juggle a job as a journalist and my first love crafting in addition to learning Korean and Chinese simultaneously.
   



This is our youngest cat named chooti snuggled inside my hand bag

I am sorry i am not a good photographer not even ok. Iam going to learn it from a friend of mine. Until then please bear with me.


Iam linking this card to
https://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com/2019/10/main-hop-page-2019-cat-lovers-hop.html?

I am linking this card to








https://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.com/2019/10/craftycatz-challenge-479-atg.htmlSurekha Galagoda


Thank You and Blessings
Surekha GalagodaSurekha Galagoda

36 comments:

  1. Hello there! You made some beautiful kitty cards for the hop! I enjoyed reading about your daughter and grand-daughter - you must be so proud of her accomplishments. I hope she is feeling better now - what a task to complete when not feeling well! Thank you for following my blog! If you add a Followers button, please let me know and I will follow you too! Hope you enjoy the hop - I love cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      Yes sure I am proud of her as i supported her and my grand daughter single handedly after my husband died three years ago. I was insulted harassed but God held our hands and never let us go. As i said earlier all of you lovely ladies helped me through my difficult time just by showing your projects which comforted me immensely. I am so greatful to all of you and i am so happy to craft. I want to add a followers button but since i am not a techchie i have to get the help of one of my friends.Ha Ha. Blessings to your home from mine

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cards. Congratulations to clever Sapu. :-)
    Lovely picture of your cat in the bag hahahaha
    Visiting you from the Cat Lovers' Hop.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for congratulating my daughter and taking time to visit my blog. Today was her final presentation.Blessings to your home from mine.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous cards and congratulations to your daughter! No wonder you're proud. You sound like a very organized person, too. Maybe you could come and clean up my craft room. Ha ha! Looks like Chooti wants to go with you wherever you go. Too cute! xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear DonnaThank you for your comment. I try to be organised as i juggle two jobs as a journalist and also craft. I love to coem and help you. No issues at all Blessings as always to your home from mine

      Delete
  4. Awww!!! It's totally adorable! Love the pattern paper and butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Arianna
      Thank you. Blessings to your home from mine

      Delete
  5. its so cute!
    I saw your comment on my blog.
    yes some are still avelable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fikreta
      Thank you. Blessings to your home from mine.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations to your daughter, that sounds like a great achievement. I love your cards, they are very sweet and your kitty looks so happy snuggled into your bag, cats always find a spot to sit in! Jenny x
    https://gingerninjacrafts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jenny
      Thank you for your lovely comments. Blessinsg to your home from mine

      Delete
  7. What a lovely post, Surekha!! I am so glad you found our Cat Lovers Hop. It is wonderful to meet you and your beautiful daughter and granddaughter. Congratulations to your daughter on her impressive acheivement. Blessings on her and her bright future!!!

    Your cards are so sweet with the flying kitty and fun cat background paper. The belly bands with the butterflies are beautiful!!

    Thank you so much for playing along in the #2019CatLoversHop!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say that I loved seeing your little Chooti in your purse. SO CUTE!!!! <3

      Delete
    2. Dear Janis
      Thank you so much for organising the Hop. I loved every minute of
      it. Blessings to your home from mine

      Delete
  8. Both of these cards are fabulous. love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading your post and about your life as well
    as your daughter & granddaughter. I don't color well myself,
    but I think you did a fabulous job! Your cards are lovely. I
    love the kitty background paper you used. And your real kitty
    is pawsome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Becca
      Thank you for your encouraging words. I think u do a awesome job in coloring.Blessings to your home from mine.

      Delete
  10. Loved reading your post where you shared your great cards! Love that cat paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Susan
      Thank you. Blessings to your home from mine.

      Delete
  11. Love the details on your Kitty cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Vivian
      Thank you but i could not comment on your blog I am sorry. though I tried i could not. Blessings to your home from mine.

      Delete
  12. I absolutely LOVE your kitty cards! This is my first year participating in the Cat Lovers Hop - we have eight fur babies (Poopie, Molly, Jack, Walter, Tigger, Milo, Dusty and Mocha Latte) that we love to the moon and back! I'm so happy to see you here also and have the chance to visit your blog!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Leslie. Thank you for your kind comment. Join teh club I am anew comer too. Let us keep in touch and join next year too. Blessings to your home from mine

      Delete
  13. A fabulous pink kitty card for your clever daughter. You must be so proud of her achievements! I loved seeing your photo of Chooti sitting in your handbag - what a darling! Glad you found the Cat Lovers Hop and shared your work! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Carole
      Thank u so much for your loving and encouraging words. Blessings to your home from mine

      Delete
  14. Congratulations to your daughter. Thanks for sharing your story and wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Suzanne
      Thank you and blessings to your home from mine.

      Delete
  15. Oh, what a sweet little card! That sentiment is perfect to inspire and compliment your hard-working daughter as she pursues her dreams. You have much to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear
      Thank you. Yes i am humbly proud as i went through immense hardships to bring her to this state after my husband passed away three years ago. Blessings to your home from mine.

      Delete
  16. Such a sweet card! Love that patterned paper too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Denise
      Thank you so much. Blessinsg to your home from mine

      Delete
  17. That is a creative and lovely card! And as a fan of stationery sets (and pen pals), I think your stationery set made a treasure of a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Sharon
    Thank you. If you can send your address i am happy send you a gift of a stationery set with all my love.Dont worry i am ahonest and God fearing human being. I made a pink set set for my friends daughter and i think that is much better as i had the Score Pal to do the scoring. Incidently it is my first order too. I just charged a little bit to cover the cost of some of the material as my friends family treated all three classes with a great outing food and everything provided when we were small . they sure do have large hearts and money is not everything.I am going to try another version which is a purse. Please dont feel bad but just send the address and i will sure make one and send with all my love. Blessings to your home from mine.

    ReplyDelete