Thursday, November 7, 2019

coffee and Cup cake

Dear Friends

May your day be always blessed with kind thoughts

 2019 Fall Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop






I wanted to make it yesterday but i had to go and see my dear friend and sister Saumya who is after a operation on her wrist. She loves coffee and this card is dedicated to her. She is my tower of strength and the sister whom i can tell any thing and everything about. She is the one who looked after me for one month after my hysterectomy operation. She kept me in her home and looked after me like a Mother and big sister.  Her husband and son too was very kind to me and i never felt like a outsider in their home.Most importantly they are commited Christians and they give their unconditional love and care to anybody as God's children. Even their dog Bobby cared for me and never left me downstairs alone.










I knew that i didnt have any stamps or dies relating to Coffee tea etc but still i wanted to make a card. One of my dear friends gave me a gift of a mug for my Birthday in 2017. I didn't quite open it and wanted to  give it to somebody but never got a chance to do so.




 As it had a pen I thought i will use that and then i realised it had some cute images of cups, cupcakes etc and i just love cute images so i kept it.

 
And here is the perfect chance to use some cute images.
I got a white card base and adhered a brown card stock as the first layer. As i wanted to give the card a plaid look i took a pattern paper and adhered it to the brown card stock, Then i cut the sentiment Warm Wish too from the packaging and adhered double sided tape to give it dimension. I fussy cut the cup and that too was adhered using double sided tape. The coffee pot too is a pattern paper I fussy cut two images and adhered them together using liquid glue. both of them were also adhered to the plaid layer using double sided foam tape. I always think that cup cakes go with coffee. Nutty me. So i die cut a cup cake using the Sweet Treats die from Pinkfresh Studio. I colored it using the markers Mango Smoothie and cotton Candy . It is a Artist Marker Starter set from AltE New and i got it as a gift for taking part in a blog Hop.(Shh don't tell anybody those are the only markers i have.Lol)  Thank You Alt E New. I also put some dots using a white gel pen to give the effect of frosting. Then i adhered it to the plaid base. This is my tiny little card. I didn't spend anything and i am happy as crafting is all about happiness. It was made with a lot of Love and care. To add the bling to the card i made a ribbon bow and adhered it to the card using liquid glue.


Tip
I have a scissor which cuts like butter for fussy cutting and i never use it for anything else. I bought it at a pavement in Colombo.
Before adhering the images at once i placed them in various angles and adhered it once i was satisfied. I really helped to get a better look.




     
Sorry ladies i am not good at taking photographs . Please bear with me until i get my friend too teach me about photography.
With lots of Love and Blessings
Surekha Galagoda










I am linking this card to
 http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2019/11/2019-fall-winter-coffee-lovers-blog-hop/

13 comments:

  1. Your card is perfect for the coffee lovers hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Billie
      thanks a mln.blessings to you and your family

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Dear Esther
      Thanks you for taking time to leave acomment. Blessings to you and your family.i

      Delete
  3. So glad you got your pretty card made. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEar Verna
      Thanks for taking time to leave a comment. Blessings to you and youur family

      Delete
  4. so great card!
    Hello from Coffee Lovers blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEar Fikreta
      How are you. Hope you are keeping great. Thank you for your kindness. It is really appreciated. Blessings to you and your family

      Delete
  5. Dear Shelly
    Thanks for your lovely comment. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete