Sunday, November 17, 2019

Day 8 of the 30 Day coloring Challenge

Day 8 of the  30 day Coloring Challenge 

Dear Friends

May you be blessed always

As i said dearlier i inked a batch of roses and as and when i got time i colored them. I didnt want to bore you with another card so i thought of a novel way to use the flower. I have an old diary which i scribble about crafting and includes blog names, things to buy challenges i plan to take part etc. The cover of the diary peeled off and it looked very ugly.







Then i suddenly remembered something. I dont buy mod podge from stores but make it on my own as i cannot afford it.
Method
I mix one part glue and one part water and mix ittogether to make the mod podge. I am sorry though i learnt it from a sweet crafter i dont have the link to her blog. Put glue first and then slowly add water. This is the perfect mix for tiles.  If there is remaining after your project is done put it into abottle and keep for later use.Then on to that you can paste a beautiful napkin. Please remember to peel off the layers and use the pattern layer only.
So i thought why not use the same technique.  When using it on books please  mix one and a half parts of glue and one part water otherwise it is too runny. I applied that and then pasted the napkin. As i love blue i chose a blue colour napkin but as one layer was not sufficient i added another layer without using another layer of glue as i felt that there was enough glue to paste the second layer too. Then i smoothened it and kept to dry.


Then i brushed it with a coat of varnish using a paint brush.




The varnish i used. it was about $1.5 and you get 200 ml.

Then i adhered the blue color rose on to it and  I am happy with the outcome. Now my diary doesnt look boring any more.




Thank You and Happiness always
Surekha Galagoda


I am linking this to
https://www.thedailymarker.com/2019/11/day-1-the-30-day-coloring-challenge-2019-link-up/ 
I am also linking this project to
https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com/Surekha Galagoda

No comments:

Post a Comment