Friday, November 15, 2019

Days 4,5,6,7 of the 30 day Coloring Challenge


Days 4,5,6,7 of the 30 day Coloring Challenge

Dear Friends


May you be blessed always
Day 4&5 I did the coloring but i did not have time to make a post. so today i finally got a chance to do the post.



I really enjoy coloring and already my friends say that i have improved a lot. Thanks a ton Kathy.
I am still coloring flowers and making them into cards as i want to get a grip of it before embarking on some other project. I used water colors sans the water on my third and fourth days. I slowly colored and tried to shade too. This is a card for my sisters Birthday. It is on the 28th of December.  So i layered a piece of green card stock onto which i adhered a red piece of cards stock to give the Christmassy feeling. Mum always says she was wrapped  in blankets as soon as she was born as it was very cold and she looked like asnow man as she is so fair. It is a happy memory. On to that i adhered the rose which i colored, using double sided foam tape to give dimension. I put a belly band to which i added a butterfly sticker. what is a rose without a butterfly. He he. I tried to add sparkle with the butterfly and the belly band.





Day 6 &7
On day 6,7 too i colored a rose using water colors and took the first step to blend the colors with water. I am happy with my outcome. I made the double delight fun fold card which i learnt from the kind hearted Lisa who explained everything in detail. It is easy to make though it looks complicated.

Method
Take a pattern paper measuring 81/2 by 11 inches. . Then fold in half both ways and burnish with the bone folder. after that you can see four squares Take the right hand bottom corner and bring it to the crease line as a triangle. but please ensure to keep a wee bit of a gap. Then measure the top left hand corner as three inches and fold a triangle. from the left hand cut it to the centre on the fold line. after that you can assemble the card. I will link Lisas blog so that you can get a better idea watching her video. www.lisasstampstudio.com Afterafter folding it into a card you have to glue the bottom layer and the pockets too.
 This image shows the two folded traingles and the cut on the line to the centre.


.This image shows the card taking place and with one pocket. The piece on the left is folded and becomes the bottom and then the folded piece you see becomes the pocket.


 This is after both pockets were made. Isnt it easy peesy.
 The flower i colored using Colleen watercolor pencils and blended a little with water
Completed card with the big rose and the sentiment hugs
This is one card i made for my mom who is celebrating her 75th Birthday on 13th December.  I adhered the rose i colored using double sided foam tape and also the sentiment hugs which i die cut thrice. I inked it in purple to match the card This is my completed card. I am going to put a gift card in one pocket and a note card saying how greatful i am to have her in my life. I did these two cards early as i am planning to go to my children as soon as i get the visa and i cannot concentrate when i am in a hurry.
 Tips
I inked a lot of images on one go and also made the card bases and kept which helped me a lot to save time.
I had a set of color pencils, crayons and water colors in one set but i never used it and my sister has given aways some color pencils of that set. Anyway taking the advice of Kathy I looked at my set differently and now i love it. I want to imrove my coloring and thanks a bunch Kathy for your kindness in organising the challenge and also sharing tips on coloring. I love all your coloring to the moon and back.
I tried to mix water colors and pencil colors in one project but it did not work.
Thank You and Blessings
Surekha Galagoda

I am linking this to the 30 day coloring challenge

https://www.thedailymarker.com/2019/11/day-1-the-30-day-coloring-challenge-2019-link-up/ Surekha Galagoda

No comments:

Post a Comment