Monday, February 8, 2021

DIY stencilling

 Good afternoon friends




I wanted to try out DIY stencilling as stencils are hard to come by and are expensive. 

Method

I googled and it needed a tool called stencil cutter which is like a pen where you can cut. I searched everywhere in Sri Lanka but I could not determined I didnt give up and yesterday while waiting for the doctor i stumbled upon a YouTube channel Make Your Own Stencils from Rubbish by jennibellie where she shows that even cardboard can be used. Why didnt I think of it before? Anyway long and short of it today morning I pulled out my die cuts and found Butterflies. I drew it on cardboard but cutting out was taking time. So I took my Cuttlebug and the dies and cut out a background  of butterflies. Then using that I colored the background of this card and I am super happy with the results. Since it is a thin cardboard it will wear out soon. It is ok. It is only cardboard. I pasted it onto a card base and stamped the sentiment Happy Birthday on an angle and my card was done. I didnt put any bling as my friend likes it that way.

Materials used

Butterflies die set (unbranded)

Cardstock 

Colleen water colour pencils

Black Ink

Tip use thick cardboard to save time

Thank You

Stay safe and blessed

Surekha Galagoda

No comments:

Post a Comment