Friday, February 19, 2021

My discovery

 Good Morning friends

I was fascinated by the amazing crafters who do wonders with embossing and wanted to try it out. One of my friends gave me an embossing tool but alas it didnt work so I ordered an embossing tool as well as black and gold embossing powder and tried it on sentiments it did not give the desired results. I was determined and tried it again it was a total chaos. Then I thought I should change the paper and for me fortunately I had some card stock I got from USA  and some embossing powders given to me by afriend of mine when I was in New Zealand. I do not have a antistatic powder bag but a DIY I did following instructions on the net. I used that and prepped my card and using the Versamark Ink pad given by my Friend in Newzealand I tried and I was amazed with the results. Here it is




I added a sentiment and two gems to complete the card

Then I tried using the same cardstock but with the embossing powder i purchased from a local craft store and there were places the embossing powder had not got attached but the result was ok.



 Then I came to the conclusion that I cannot use the cardstock available locally for techniques.

Below is the result using local cardstock and embossing powder.




card Now I have to find a cardstock and as my travel is limited I cannot do it immediately. I will also check with the local craft store and find asolution. I am sharing it so that a newbee like me wont make the same mistake.

Materials used

Cardstock [Sorry I do not know the weight]

 Embossing powders

Crafters Realm Heat tool


Stay Safe and Blessed

Thank You 

Surekha Galagoda

No comments:

Post a Comment