Monday, February 22, 2021

Roses are red

 Good Afternoon friends



I started to make two cards using the water technique shown by Natasha Foote but alas it didnt work as the craft cardstock I have does not absorb the water. So instead I decided to make this simple card. I took the card base and masked a border using low tac tape available in Sri Lanka. Then I used the colour rouge from AlteNew and ink blended the background using a finger dauber. Then I took my Misti tool and stamped the rose using Crimson from AlteNew and the sentiment using a craft ink pad. The Happy Birthday Stamp is new. As I didnt have a large Happy Birthday stamp I bought it receently. I added some red colour gems to add the bling into the card. 

The items I used

Misti Stamping tool

Low tac tape

Alte New Crisp dye ink Rouge

AlteNew crisp dye ink Crimson

Coloured gems

Happy Birthday Stamp

I am linking this card to

the flower challenge #53

Thank You

Stay safe and blessed

Surekha Galagoda

 

5 comments:

  1. So pretty Surekha! I love the beautiful blend of the background with the soft pink. The dark red stamping really pops against it. Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Friend
      Thank you for your lovely comments . It made my day. tx stay safe and blessed

      Delete
  2. Great card, love the interesting features. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Friend Annie
    Thank you for your kind and encouraging comments. tc stay safe and blessed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty - I love the tone on tone design with the flower! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT! Jill

    ReplyDelete