Friday, February 5, 2021

Love You

 Good afternoon friends

This is the card I made for the Double D Challenge

This card is dedicated to my loving husband in heaven



I took a cream colour doilie and coloured the heart in light pink using colleen water colours. Then I took a piece of acetate and cut out a heart. [In our country double sided tape in small widths are not available.] So I cut the double sided tape to the width I wanted and covered the heart. I selected pink colour seed beads one red colour bead as that was all I had small hearts and a large heart in red. then i put all that inside and sealed the heart.Once I did all that I realised that i had done the wrong one. I made up my mind and did it again thinking practice makes perfect(lol). I learnt all these small tricks from Tracey Mcnealy Thank you Tracey. Her shaker cards and tags are beautiful. I wish I could have bought clear tape. I coloured the edge of the doilie in pink as well as the sentiment I love you. I used a twin marker pen by Hangli for colouring. To add the bling i added 3 white pearl hearts and it was done. During the process i organised some of my embellishments as well. More to go. I will write a separate post on that when I finish. 

I am linking this card to

http://daranddiane.blogspot.com/

Thank You 

Stay Safe and Blessed

Surekha Galagoda


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and love what you have created...
    Hope to see you follow my blog too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so beautiful Surekha! I'm sure he is smiling down on you right this minute! Thanks for joining us at Double D ... always a pleasure to see your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surekha, this is so lovely! Delicate and feminine design. Love the die cut sentiment. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Valentine LOVE" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete