Monday, February 8, 2021

Organisation



 Good afternoon friends

Now my crafty item collection is expanding and needs more organisation. I have decided that I am not going to buy anything expensive for organisation but I want to keep a neat and nice space. My embellishment collection was in an old puzzle tin of my grand daughter and it was overflowing. One day I went to Pettah and I saw some lovely pink containers and it was around one dollar. My craft space colours are pink and blue. 

The container before labelling

I bought two and came home and i was regretting it. Again when i went i searched for the place and bought ten containers and they gave me one extra for free. I was planning on organisation but it was getting postponed. Yesterday I printed the labels and came and today while going through a file I found some labels too. Then I cut the labels and put cello tape and attached it to the containers. I attached two labels per container  ie on the top and front so that I dont have to open the containers and search for what I want. To keep each item separately I added small lids inside the container.They are washing liquid lids which I got from my friend Saumya. They fit perfectly inside the containers. I started the process but yet to finish. I should be done by tomorrow. Ihave labelled my embelisments by colour and it is very convenient Voila I am done.

A place for die cuts

 I normally die cut everything at once and keep them in boxes. The boxes are empty cheese containers that my mum had collected.I painted some in pink and labelled them accordingly

Cheese container

The set of cheese containers I have.



Pattern paper collection
The large sheets are rolled and kept in a bin on the ground but most of my pattern papers are cut and kept by theme in a polythene bag. A Youtuber once said no poing hoarding just chop them to the size you want. Sorry I can't remember her name but I also chop them now. 








The label on the front
Label on the top

The label on the side

    The 12 tins sitting on my desk.

DIY paper holder
I took a box and cut it at a slant. I added a divider to separate it in the middle. Then i took pattern papers and decorated it.I also used stickers left by my grand daughter to decorate my paper holder My paper collection was overflowing so I added another box to the behind. It was my computer box packaging. Now it is neat and nice and I can reach for any papers quickly. Now I have to index the paper collection. That is for another day. 

Clear stamps

Recently I have been buying clear stamps and I have a fair collection now. I separated it into themes but still It takes awhile to find a stamp. I took pink cardstock and made deviders. Now it is much easier to find my stamps.
Thank You 
Stay safe and Blessed
Surekha Galagoda

2 comments:

  1. Your boxes are so pretty, love the shapes and decor. They look great on your desk and surely it will be more easy for you find what you search with the labels! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective boxes, love the design. ♥

    ReplyDelete